Job Available: Indonesian Training and Projects Coordinator
The main duties for this position are:
- Organise and facilitate FOSS-based digital video distribution trainings and events in Indonesia and East Timor
- Organise and implement a series of “skills-building partnerships" with selected organisations in Indonesia and East Timor
- Develop key working relationships with external organisations, including building a contacts database
- Assist in the development of training materials
- Translate training, technical and promotional materials from English to Bahasa Indonesian
- Assist in providing editorial direction for the EngageMedia.org site
- Coordinate other Indonesian-based projects as required
The skills and experience required for this position are:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of online and offline multimedia and communications tools
- An understanding of FOSS tools, principles and culture
- Video making skills with extensive knowledge of film and video culture
- Excellent coordination and project management skills
- Experience planning and coordinating events
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and develop new ideas
The successful candidate will be a native Bahasa Indonesian speaker with excellent written and verbal English skills.
This position is 3 days per week, preferably based in Yogyakarta but with the possibility of working remotely from Bandung or Jakarta. Some local and international travel will also be required. A wage competitive with local NGO salaries is on offer. EngageMedia offers a rewarding and flexible working environment and the opportunity to contribute to our overall organisational aims.
If you are interested please see the full job description.
Please send a CV and a cover letter (max. 500 words) in English outlining your interest in the position and your suitability as soon as possible to email@example.com. Please include any links to video you have online.
Applications close 9 April 2009.