Designer Callout - New EngageMedia Website
EngageMedia is looking for a graphic/web designer to help us design a new user-interface for the http://engagemedia.org website. This is an exciting opportunity to help create a new look and feel for what has become an important regional activist media hub, with thousands of films in our archive.
We want to make the site easier to use, extend our audience reach and reflect our changing identity. We want it to have visual impact, be simple and intuitive to use and give a dynamic, inviting and creative impression.
- Talent and enthusiasm
- Excellent English and online-communication skills - you will be working with a project manager from Australia, and several programmers based in Greece
- Experienced web designer, prior knowledge of designing for adaptive frameworks for multiple screen-sizes and mobile platforms is a plus
- Implement HTML & CSS for web, tablet and mobile into Plumi, the free software video web app based on Plone which powers EngageMedia.org. Note that experience with Plone is not necessary.
- Update EngageMedia's identity including developing new graphics and buttons (note our logo will remain the same)
- Contribute to the user experience and interface design
Right now we're looking for expressions of interest from designers. Given our Southeast Asia and Indonesian focus we're particularly interested in designers from this region.
We will form a shortlist of potential designers, and ask each to respond with a concept based on our design brief. After this we'll negotiate on price and contracts.
Please send us the following details by March 16.
- CV / Resume Portfolio / Examples of your work
- Client list
- Brief statement (in English and under 500 words), why would you like to re-design the EngageMedia.org website?
Email to email@example.com.
- Work to begin April 1, with consultation earlier if possible
- 2 full time weeks, April 9-20, working face to face with the project manager
- Expected wrap up first week of May.
EngageMedia is a non-profit media, technology and culture organisation. We use the power of video, the internet and free software technologies to create social and environmental change. We believe independent media and free and open technologies are fundamental to building the movements needed to challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to provide and present solutions.