Meet the Amazing Advisors of RightsCon 2015!
This event an brings together activists, advocates, researchers, media makers, corporate tech developers and business owners, and government officials to discuss human rights and the internet.
We have an all-star group of advisors, who you'll be hearing more from in the coming months in a series of EngageMedia interviews. These advisors are located around Southeast Asia and work in all of the previously mentioned sectors. They are bringing their knowledge and networks to the event and will help us to shape the program and activities. here.
- Al Alegre, Executive Director, Foundation for Media Alternatives
- Donny BU, Co-Founder, ICT Watch
- Htaike Htaike Aung, Co-Founder, Myanmar ICT for Development Organization (MIDO)
- Jac Kee, Women's Rights Programme Manager, Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
- Merlyna Lim, Research Chair in Digital Media and Global Network Society, School of Communications, Carleton University
- Charles Mok, Legislative Council, Hong Kong
- Mong Palatino, Former legislator and Blogger, Global Voices
- Pranesh Prakash, Policy Director, Center for Internet and Society India (CIS)
- Chat Garcia Ramilo, Deputy Executive Director, Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
- Bobby Soriano, Security Expert
- Arthit Suriyawongkul, Co-Founder of Foundation for Internet and Civic Culture and Coordinator with Thai Netizen Network
- Gayathry Venkiteswaran, Executive Director, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA)