by Anonymous User — October 15, 2011
What can you do on EngageMedia
- Upload your video work - we recommend you don't upload more than 150mb for the moment.
- Download video - search our growing archive of videos, or browse by Genre, Topic or Country.
- Watch videos in the browser window.
- Assign a Creative Commons license to your video.
- Vodcasting - generate a video feed which you can then import into a client such as iTunes or Democracy Player which will automatically download new videos to your computer when a new video is updated. You could subscribe to the Latest Videos feed or to a specific Member's video feed, or pick your feed by Topic or Country.
- Create your own video channel - no need to install or set up anything. When you upload a video it is automatically added to your personal video podcasting feed and allows you to add your own custom logo for your channel.
- Workspace - use this area to upload videos, events, files or pages. EngageMedia will be your own workspace, not just a place to
publish or watch video.
- Profile Page - create a page about you and your video work which includes a listing of your video contributions to EngageMedia.
- Post an Event about a video screening, workshop or festival.
- Post a News item about developments in the world of video activism, tactical media or the new participatory culture breeding on the Internet.
- Contact other Members of EngageMedia to discuss collaborations or just to say hello.
- Comment on videos after you've watched them.
- Send someone an email about a page you want them to see by clicking the icon.
- Automatic transcoding to standard formats such as Flash video and Ogg Theora.
- Automatic creation of BitTorrent files and integration into other p2p networks such as Gnutella.
- High resolution and large video uploads up to 1GB.
- Mobile phone uploads and downloads
- Project management software to organise your film productions.