What you can do
by EngageMedia — August 20, 2012
- Upload video or media content via a publishing web form.
- You can assign a creative commons license to your work.
- Vodcasting - generate a video feed which you can then import into a client such as iTunes or Miro which will automatically download new videos to your computer when a new video is updated. You could subscribe to the 'Latest Videos' feed, or to a specific Member's video feed, or pick your feed by topic or country.
notice in your members area that you have three folders; videos, news
and events. You can add more folders, files and pages here and
generally use this space as your workspace. We don't want EngageMedia
just to be a place where you upload and download video or media but where you
communicate and organise. This will have a URL like: engagemedia.org/Members/username
- Create a profile page about you and your video work which includes a listing of your video contributions to EngageMedia. Edit this page. This will have a URL like: engagemedia.org/author/username
- Post an Event about a screening, workshop, festival, meeting, protest, exhibition ot gathering.
- Post a News item about a current social or environmental issue, a work you are producing developments in the world of media and activism,
tactical media, new participatory culture breeding on the
Internet, or technical developments in media sharing on the internet.
- Contact other Members of EngageMedia to discuss collaborations or just to say hello.
on videos, media or postings after you've viewed them. Please try to be constructive at
all times and consider your comments before pressing Save. :)
- Create a list of favorite videos, video makers or pages by clicking on the love heart on each page. You can see a list of your favorites on your profile page and change them in your favorites folder in your workspace.
- Send someone an email about a page you want them to see by clicking the letter icon in the top right.