Finance and Administration Assistant (Yogyakarta)
EngageMedia is looking for a Finance and Administration Assistant to be based in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Applications close midnight, Yogyakarta time, July 29, 2018.
The Finance and Administration Assistant works closely with EngageMedia Finance and Operations team to ensure the organisations finance and administrative needs are at the highest standard. The position also provides logistical support to project managers as needed.
The aims of the position are to:
- Provide timely finance and administrative support to the Finance and Operations team
- Ensure the Indonesia office functions effectively
- Provide logistical support to projects
Roles and Responsibilities
Finance and Administration
- Collect and file invoices, receipts and documents on and off-line
- Prepare payment requests and reimbursements
- Responsible for petty cash tracking and reporting
- Enter data into internal systems (Redmine)
- Assist with compiling documents and receipts for financial report to Funders
- Photocopy and scan documents
- Assist to input all EngageMedia dates of due dates, events, holidays, milestone, are recorded in internal calendar system
- Assist with tracking and updating the due dates for funder reports, contract renewals and position reviews
- Assist with minutes of meeting at weekly stand up and finance meeting
- Assist with business travel preparation of office staff and consultant
- Provide logistical support for office daily operations
- Organise the printing materials
- Maintain a list of inventory and other assets
- Coordinate the purchase of equipment with Finance and Administration Officer
Program Related Support
- Assist program team to prepare workshop and meetings logistics for project staff, consultant and project participants; including travel and accommodations booking, meals arrangement, participant communications, visas and other requirements coordination
- Assist with Cash in Advance Tracking and Report for program
- A commitment to social justice and environmental issues;
- Attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal;
- Optimistic and positive outlook
- Self-starter; able to take responsibility and initiative for managing their own work and coordinating with others;
- Respectful at all times
- Sound work-ethics
- Experience in communications for the not-for-profit sector;
- Excellent writing skills in Indonesian across a range of media;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal.
Qualification and Skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in similar position
- Computing skills – experience with office software including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Conversational level English or above
- Ability to work across cultures
Start Date and Remuneration
The position starts in mid August 2018. An initial 12 month full time (5 days a week) contract will be offered with extensions based on the completion of performance reviews.
A competitive NGO wage will be offered. A monthly communications allowance and health allowance are provided.
How to Apply
- Send an application letter of not more than 300 word expressing your interest in the position
- Provide a current CV
- Include two referees
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Finance and Administration Assistant (Yogyakarta)". Applications close midnight, Yogyakarta time, July 29, 2018.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.