Finance and Administration Coordinator
EngageMedia is looking for a Finance and Administration Coordinator to be based in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator supports EngageMedia’s Southeast Asia program activities and works closely with EngageMedia’s Accountant and Operations Manager to ensure the organisation financial and administrative needs are to the highest standard.
- Provide high-quality financial and administrative support to programs
- Ensure Southeast Asia administration and office function effectively
- Ensure the financial integrity of the organisation
Roles and Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping – track, enter and record all expenses
- Maintain Indonesian banking and assist with Australian banking
- Complete monthly account reconciliations
- Oversee the Administration Assistant to prepare payment requests and track cash advances/petty cash
- Work with the Administration Assistant to process invoices and receipts, ensuring all are properly documented and recorded
- Lead the monthly payroll process
- Working with Operations and Grants Manager to prepare budgets for grant applications, and with grant reporting
- Track and maintain a variety of budgets
- Contribute to and uphold financial policies and procedures
- Be responsible for maintenance of the office including payment of utilities
- Oversee flight tickets purchasing, accommodation booking and other travel needs
- Assist with logistics for events and face to face meetings
- File materials on the EngageMedia intranet
- Participate in weekly staff and finance team meetings
- Experience with online, cloud-based accounting systems such as https://xero.com
- Excellent English and Bahasa Indonesia
- At least 5 years’ experience in finance and administration
- Extensive experience with office software
- Advance bookkeeping
- Experience in an organisation with large amounts of travel and international communications
- Open minded with an ability to work across cultures
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
Start Date and Remuneration
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month full time contract will be offered with extensions based on the completion of performance reviews.
A competitive NGO wage, attuned to cost of living in the position’s location, will be offered. A monthly communications allowance, health allowance, and travel insurance are provided.
Should the successful applicant be from outside Yogyakarta a moving allowance will be provided.
How to Apply
- Send an application letter of not more than 300 word expressing your interest in the position
- Provide a current CV
- Include two referees
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the title “Finance and Administration Coordinator". Applications close December 1st, 2017.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and free software technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.