Program Assistant (Manila)
EngageMedia is looking for a Program Assistant to be based in Manila, The Philippines.
The Program Assistant supports the implementation of EngageMedia's initiatives in the Asia-Pacific region, working closely with Program Leads to support coordination and logistics, communications and outreach, and monitoring and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities
Program and event coordination
- Assist in organising meetings, trainings, camps and film screenings
- Assist in developing and maintaining partnerships with a range of individuals and organisations working in the area of technology, Digital Rights, Video for Change, human rights and the environment
- Promote event activities widely to secure applications
- Communicate pro-actively with applicants and participants
- Assist in preparing narrative and financial reports
- Assist in monitoring time-lines and deliverables
- Arrange travel needs with the support of EngageMedia's Operations team
- Coordinate with suppliers: e.g. venue, transportation, catering
- Assist in coordinating contractor deliverables
Research, documentation and reporting
- Conduct research and collate resource materials and references
- Ensure timely and proper documentation of events including photos, videos, presentations and written notes
- Assist in monitoring initiatives of partners, collaborators & networks related to digital rights and Video and Change
- Assist in monitoring social justice & human rights issues relevant to EngageMedia's work
- Collect, compile and file training materials
Communications and Outreach
- Collect, distribute and promote content for EngageMedia.org, v4c.org and other online assets
- Write or assist in producing blog posts
- Assist with social media promotion
- Proofread English language content
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of project management processes
- Strong time management skills; able to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and build expertise
- Ability to work with a diverse team across multiple cultures, geographies and time-zones
- Good knowledge of media and technology, human rights and freedom of expression
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field
- An understanding of and commitment to the EngageMedia's aims and workplace values.
Start Date and Remuneration
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month full time (5 days a week) contract will be offered with extensions based on the completion of performance reviews.
A competitive NGO wage will be offered. A monthly communications allowance, health allowance, and travel insurance are provided.
How to Apply
- Send an application letter of not more than 300 word expressing your interest in the position
- Provide a current CV
- Include two referees
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the title “Program Assistant (Manila)". Applications close midnight, Manila time, July 22, 2018.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and free software technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.