Senior Program Manager, Video for Change
EngageMedia is looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated professional to lead its video advocacy program. The Video for Change Senior Program Manager works closely with the Director to lead and develop initiatives in Southeast Asia and globally.
The position designs strategies, coordinates a team, builds and strengthens networks, contributes to fundraising, and works directly on projects as needed.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and we request that you apply as soon as possible, as we seek to fill the position immediately. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the title "Senior Program Manager".
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee EngageMedia's Video for Change program team; monitoring, evaluating and supporting project implementation
- Provide oversight and direction to project managers
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the Video4Change Network
- Directly undertake project management as required
- Review and approve spending
- Oversee the development of contracts and MoUs
- Produce program reports for the board
Partner Development, Outreach and Networking
- Lead strategy development for video curation and social media content creation
- Work with the editorial team to maximise the outreach and impact of videos, including developing campaign partnerships
- Assist in promoting the organisation via mainstream media, blogging and social media activities
- Maintain and develop partnerships with a range of organisations, individuals, networks and foundations
- Attend relevant events to develop networks, present the work of EngageMedia, and share knowledge
- Produce written materials outlining the work of the organisation and it's mission
- Lead the development of the Video4Change Impact Cookbook, communicating with the Video4Change Network and managing staff and consultants as required
- Oversee planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of video trainings
- Create and maintain curriculum and materials for trainings
- Oversee video training activities, ensuring staff are well prepared and initiatives are successfully implemented
- Where necessary provide event or training facilitation
- Actively build the knowledge and capacity of the EngageMedia team, including regarding emerging technologies and media developments
Program Development and Fundraising
- Contribute to strategy and program design
- Contribute to EngageMedia's broader management and planning via participation in senior management
- Work closely with the Director to design fundraising proposals and write reports
- Develop and manage funder relationships
- Seek out and manage consulting opportunities. Where relevant directly implement contracted activities.
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- 5+ years of experience in a senior management position
- Familiar in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Excellent communications skills, ideally including a Southeast Asian language
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing projects and programs
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Experience in budget design and monitoring
- Experience in the media and advocacy sectors
- Familiarity working with technology and it's creative employment
- Motivated and self-organised
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse beneficiaries and partners
- Leadership and team building skills - ability to draw people together and move them toward common goals
- Strong networks and experience in advocacy and non-profits in Southeast Asia
Start Date, Location and Remuneration
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month, full time contract will be offered. The position may be based in any major Southeast Asia capital, or in the organisation's Yogyakarta office.
A competitive international NGO wage, attuned to cost of living in the position's location, will be offered. A monthly communications allowance, health insurance subsidy and travel insurance is included.
How to Apply
Describe your interest in the position and why you want to work with EngageMedia (Max 500 words)
- Include your CV and two referees.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Senior Program Manager".
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.