Report on Survival in the lead up to Copenhagen: APPLY TODAY!!
September 12, 2009 03:40 AM
Report on Survival in the lead up to Copenhagen: APPLY TODAY
* Note: all applications must be submitted by September 11th, 2009. *
Do you want to report on the most compelling stories of the climate crisis? Are you an amateur photographer who wants to greatly improve your skills while doing your part to save the planet? Or maybe you are a videographer wanting to publish your work on 17 youth blogs in 15 languages.
Project Survival Media is calling all passionate youth journalists who want to use their skills to:
- become an Australian/pacific team member for an ever-increasing global movement
- launch 'Survival' to the forefront of the international political debate
- amplify voices underrepresented by traditional media, and
- report on the most compelling climate stories from around the world.
We are a global youth journalism network that aims to influence the outcome of the COP 15 by broadcasting the most critical message of our time: as world leaders negotiate a new climate treaty 'Survival is Not Negotiable.' We are seven media teams, one for each continent. We build stories together that focus on those roles in society most impacted by climate change: factory workers, farmers, mothers, organizers, and health care providers.
- any young person between the ages of 15-30 who
- has some experience in any of the following: blogging, reporting, photography, or videography
- has either a background in climate change, human rights issues, or global or local environmental justice struggles
- lives anywhere on one of the seven continents
Click here to check out more about Project Survival Media.
Click here to complete an application to join Project Survival Media's Australia/pacific team.