Yogyakarta EngageMedia Workshop and Screening
from 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Introduction to Online Video Distribution
Friday December 12th, 2008, 10am - 12 pm, Room F, Benteng Vrederburg, Jogjakarta
The options for independent film makers to distribute their work have grown massively in the past few years. Web based technologies in particular provides opportunities for international distribution and the ability to reach new audiences with new voices. The limited internet infrastructure in Indonesia, though improving, restricts some of these possibilities, however there are a number of tools and techniques available to overcome these limitations. This workshop, run by the online video and media activist organisation EngageMedia.org, will cover the following topics
- building a digital video delivery strategy to ensure the greatest impact your work
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and relevant FOSS tools available for video production, distribution, web publishing etc.
- encoding video for online distribution
- where to publish and how to use online content in a website or blog, such as embedding video etc.
- video podcasting, bittorrent and other key video-sharing tools
- hybrid distribution strategies – combining on and off-line distribution, particularly in low bandwidth scenarios
- use of Creative Commons and open content licensing, including finding media to use in your production
The workshops will be in English with Indonesian translation.
ScreeningSaturday December 13th, 2008, 01pm, Room F, Benteng Vrederburg, Jogjakarta
For more information about the festival please see http://festivalfilmdokumenter.org/