EngageMedia is built atop the Plumi video sharing system. Plumi is produced by EngageMedia in collaboration with Unweb, it's an open source platform that allows you to set up your own video sharing site.
As noted, one of the key improvements is to the "Callouts" system. If you are looking for content for a DVD compilation, screening, film festival or crew for a production, "Callouts" are a great way to let people know. Hit publish to add one.
Version 3.1 of Plumi and the upgrade of EngageMedia.org brought the following enhancements.
- Rebuilt the transcoding engine (the system that converts your video for playing in the web browser) to fix a variety of issues
- Larger comments box
- Added a captcha to the "email this" function to prevent spam
- Upgraded to the latest version of the flash player, FlowPlayer
- Translated the /publish page into Indonesian
- Videos now appear in listings based on date of first publication
- Can now video site members
- Created new "Featured" state for adding videos to the front page
- Prevented videos from being retranscoded after a video was edited
- Redesigned the Callout template
- Added ability the ability to feature a Callout to the front page
- Added Callout portlet to right navigation
- Callouts are removed from the front page when the submission date is up
- Member video's RSS feed needs a filter like RSS2 feed does
- Add "processing" state to workflow with listing
- Enlarged size of download links in video page
- "Read more" link added to featured news and events section
- RSS feed in the web browser link now goes to to the latest videos RSS feed