Camp Sambel Malang (2010)
EngageMedia held a video distribution camp with 43 video activists from June 16 to June 20, 2010. Participants came from Indonesia, Malaysia, and Timor Leste. The camp was held in the Baung area, near Malang, East Java, and allowed various cultural groups and individuals to discuss, share expertise, and collaborate around digital video distribution.
The programs included the latest project presentations, distribution campaigns and strategies, compression workshops and uploading videos, discussions on independent distribution and licensing, video screening, and festivals to make chili sauce.
The main purpose of the meeting:
- Creating space to share the latest work from video activists in the fields of distribution and production
- Build a network of video makers and online video projects in this region so that in the future they can work together
- Enhance the capabilities of video activists in the region in online distribution
- Build and discuss various online video campaign tactics
- Increase the absorption and collaboration around online video distribution tools
- Explore various issues around creative commons as a solution at the local level
- Camp wiki: complete information about workshops and display sessions, participants, and recipe recipes
- Flickr photos
- Planet Sambel: a collection of RSS / feeds from the participant's site