Sys-Admin Required to join EngageMedia Tech Team
EngageMedia is a non-profit media, technology and culture organisation. EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
Our new sys-admin is required to look after EngageMedia's servers and technical systems, including backups, administration of accounts, web server configuration, security patches, minor upgrades, monitoring and uptime maintenance. Commitment to ongoing updating and improving of technical documentation on our internal wiki is a must.
Our new sys-admin should work closely with our part-time technical manager and one other existing casual sys-admin, and also offer assistance to staff in administering email accounts and lists, project management software and other web services including maintenance, security patches and upgrades of Wordpress, Drupal and MediaWiki installations. Other technical consultants who work with EngageMedia will also need assistance from our sys-admin at times.
We are looking for somebody competent, experienced and friendly, with good communication skills, who works well in teams, and is fluent in English. We also want to work with somebody who shares our long-term goals towards social and environmental justice, and who has a strong connection to FOSS projects.
- Ongoing maintenance and technical support for two main production servers and one backup server
- 24 hour monitoring and emergency up time support of servers and major user-facing web services
- Ensure backup systems between servers are functioning effectively at all times
- Ensure technical documentation on our internal wiki is always up to date
- Weekly review and installation of security patches and updates to OS, web apps and plugins where required
- Weekly review of tickets in the technical issues management system, and response to all pending tickets
- Weekly response to requests to install new software or apply extensions or changes to existing services including cron jobs, email accounts, mailing lists and small fixes
- Weekly online meetings with technical team and engagement in planning and feedback
- Take a lead role in coordinating systems administration tasks
Application and updated CV should be emailed to email@example.com with the title "Sys-Admin". Please include 2 referees in your CV. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and we seek to fill the position as soon as possible.