Operations and Grant Manager
The Operations and Grant Manager is responsible for ensuring EngageMedia's administration, human resources, policies and procedures, planning, grant and knowledge management systems are organised to the highest standard. The position builds the strength of EngageMedia's operational infrastructure to ensure our program work is dynamic, strategic and well executed.
The position may be based out of any major Southeast Asian capital (excluding Singapore) or Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and we request that you apply as soon as possible, as we seek to fill the position immediately. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Operations and Grant Manager".
- Grow the organisation's operational capacity and efficiency to best support it's programmatic activities
- Manage relationships with funders
- Provide sound and timely operations support to all program activities
- Ensure a productive and well managed working environment for staff and consultants
Finance and Grant Management
- Lead grant management, including preparing necessary documentation for proposals and reporting
- Work with project manager and finance staff to formulize budget proposal and oversee project budget allocation
- Assist in the development and tracking of grant budgets
- Authorise invoices and payments as necessary
- Assist the Finance Manager to oversee and develop banking systems
- Oversee the preparation reports to the board
- Support the Director in managing and convening the board
Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate the design, maintenance and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures
- Ensure that personnel policies are adhered to in all employment practices
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Oversee the organisation's intranet, knowledge and project management systems
- Develop and maintain a series of templates (e.g. contractors, staff, MoUs, projects, programs, administration)
- Oversee the development and execution of contracts and MoUs
- Assist with scheduling and planning of the organisation's activities
- Assist with and at times lead staff meeting scheduling and preparation
- Lead human resource management, managing staff needs and performance
- Coordinate staff performance reviews
- Lead recruitment of new staff and consultants
- Prepare staff and contractor contracts and position descriptions
- Manage the induction and separation of staff
- Lead staff professional development
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- 5 years of experience in a senior management position in a media or non-profit organisation
- Familiarity working in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing operational systems
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple activities and competing priorities
- Proven team leadership in cross-cultural environments
- Familiarity with foundation funding models, grant writing and reporting
- Experience in working in the media and/or advocacy sectors
- Familiarity working with a range of technologies for organisational and project management
- Ability to perform well under pressure, with high attention to detail
- Motivated and self-organised and active in taking initiative
Location and hours
- The position is contracted at 5 days per week.
- The position is based out of any major Southeast Asian capital, or Yogyakarta Indonesia.
- Office hours are between 9am and 6pm, however it is expected the position will often outside these hours, given its critical role in organisational management.
- Send An application letter in English expressing your interest in the position (maximum 300 words)
- Provide a current CV in English
- Include two referees
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the title "Operations and Grant Manager". Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and we request that you apply as soon as possible, as we seek to fill the position immediately.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.