The Program Director oversees EngageMedia’s Digital Rights and Video for Change initiatives, coordinating program staff and consultants to maximise social impact. The Program Director works closely with the Executive Director to strengthen networks, contribute to fundraising, implement the strategic plan and lead program design.
The position is full-time, and may be based out of any major Southeast Asian hub (excluding Singapore), or Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Applications are due June 27 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Program Director".
- Oversee and develop EngageMedia's program initiatives, including program design and implementation;
- Oversee the program team; monitoring, evaluating and supporting a wide range of projects;
- Develop, monitor and track project budgets with the support of project leads and the finance team;
- Work with the Operations Manager to develop partnerships including MoUs with a range of organisations;
- Hire and contract consultants;
- Work closely with the Executive Director and relevant project leads to design proposals and write reports;
- Write, oversee and contribute to financial narrative reports and financial acquittals;
- Develop and manage relationships with a range of funding bodies;
- Seek out and manage consulting opportunities.
Partnerships, Outreach and Networking
- Contribute to the leadership and coordination of Southeast Asia and international networks, fostering collaborations and partnerships;
- Attend relevant events to develop networks, and to represent and share the work of EngageMedia;
- Produce written materials outlining the work of the organisation and its mission;
- Write regularly about your work and contribute to EngageMedia's blog and overall outreach and communications;
- Develop the profile of EngageMedia’s program work, ensuring activities are promoted through a wide variety of media.
- Oversee planning, development, implementation of training, coordinating staff and contractors as required;
- Create and maintain curriculum and materials for training;
- Where necessary provide facilitation for trainings and events;
- Actively build the digital rights, digital security and Video for Change knowledge and capacity of the EngageMedia team.
- Contribute to EngageMedia's management and planning via participation in the Senior Management Team;
- Conduct performance reviews of program staff;
- Coordinate with operations and program staff to ensure there is sufficient human resources to carry out agreed activities.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, work under pressure, and meet deadlines;
- Strong knowledge of project management processes and implementation;
- Self-starter with strong time management skills; able to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: willingness to learn, build expertise and initiate new approaches;
- Ability to work with a diverse team across multiple cultures, geographies and time-zones;
- Strong knowledge of the use of media and technology for social change;
- An understanding of and commitment to the EngageMedia's aims and workplace values;
- Extensive knowledge of Southeast Asia, including proficiency in a regional language;
- Minimum 7 years experience in the field.
- Send An application letter in English expressing your interest in the position (maximum 300 words)
- Provide a current CV in English
- Include two referees
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.