Finance and Administration Coordinator (Yogyakarta)
EngageMedia is looking for a Finance and Administration Coordinator to be based in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator provides financial and operations support to EngageMedia's Southeast Asia activities. The position works closely with EngageMedia's Accountant, Program and Operations Manager, Finance and Administration Officer, Finance and Administration Assistant, and Organisational Development Manager, to ensure the organisations financial and administrative needs are met.
The aims of the position are to:
- Provide high-quality financial support to ensure the effectiveness of program work, and the overall effectiveness and impact of the organisation;
- Ensure organisational administration and office function effectively;
- Provide sound and timely finance and administration support to all program activities.
- Bookkeeping - maintain financial documents and track and record all expenses in Xero.
- Coordinate with the Accountant to oversee and develop banking systems.
- Oversee the Indonesian banking system.
- Lead the relationship management with the Indonesian bank representatives and support the Accountant in managing relationship with the Australian bank representatives.
- Lead monthly account reconciliation, including review the petty reconciliation prepared by FAO.
- Lead the monthly payroll process.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets for grant applications.
- Assist and at times lead financial reporting for grants.
- Track and maintain a variety of budgets in coordination with Project Managers.
- Contribute to and uphold financial policies.
- Oversee internal financial filing and archiving, developing and improving systems.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of financial and administrative systems.
- Support the Program and Operations Manager and Organisational Development Manager to coordinate insurance and other staff benefits.
Key performance indicators
- Reliable, responsible and accurate bookkeeping.
- Timely reconciliation of accounts.
- Accurate accounting of all petty cash.
- Timely and consistent communication with the Accountant, Program and Operations Manager, and Organisational Development Manager.
- Oversee the Finance and Administration Team for all travel and accommodation coordination.
- Work with the relevant program staff to assist with logistical coordination for events, overseeing and delegating to the Finance and Administration Team as needed.
- Assist with and at times lead staff meeting scheduling and preparation.
Key performance indicators
- Timely booking and payments.
- Manage to receive a consistent positive feedback from EngageMedia staff and partners.
- Oversee office management, ensuring that the office is sufficiently resourced to support program and operational activities.
- Participate in weekly staff and finance team meetings.
- Be responsible for maintenance of the office such as paying bills, rent and water.
- Take primary responsibility for the office being an efficient and productive space.
- Assist with the preparation and minutes of meetings.
- Assist the Executive Director, Program and Operations Manager, and Organisational Development Manager with contract and MoU development as needed.
- Assist with the induction and separation of staff regarding finance needs.
- Record and document all tasks in an efficient manner ensuring accurate and timely communication with the Management and other staff.
- Attend and participate in all staff and project meetings as and when required.
- Where applicable, bring your passions and creative interests to the organisation and assist us in evolving the overall culture of our day to day practice and our pool of expertise and knowledge.
- Communicate respectfully and courteously with other members of EngageMedia at all times ensuring you listen to, are understanding of, and receptive to other people's opinions.
- Ensure all work is conducted according to the processes, standards and deadlines required by EngageMedia.
- Comply with EngageMedia's Policies and Procedures.
Key performance indicators
- Reliable and consistent attendance and participation in staff and project meetings.
- Contribute to a productive, creative and optimistic working environment.
Work Experience and Skills
- Excellent English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Educational background in Finance and Accounting is preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in a related field.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Bookkeeping skills.
- Computing skills – extensive experience with office software.
- Experience in of an organisation with large amounts of travel and international communications.
- Experience with international donors will be valuable.
- Experience working with intranet and online tracking systems.
- Open mindedness and ability to work across cultures.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal;
- especially regards reporting.
- Self-starter; able to take responsibility and initiative for managing their own work and coordinating with others.
- Optimistic and positive outlook.
- Respectful at all times.
- Sound work-ethics.
Start Date and Remuneration
The position starts in early January 2019. An initial 12 month full time (5 days a week) contract will be offered with extensions based on the completion of performance reviews.
A competitive NGO wage will be offered. A monthly communications allowance and health allowance are provided.
How to Apply
- Send an application letter of not more than 300 word expressing your interest in the position
- Provide a current CV
- Include two referees
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the title “Finance and Administration Coordinator (Yogyakarta)". Applications will be closed at 11:59 PM Yogyakarta time, December 13, 2018.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and free software technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.